Re: PRO*C

From: Jeffrey S. Little <little_jeffrey_s_at_lilly.com>
Date: 13 May 94 07:31:22 EST

In article <2qjg4g$1sc_at_snoopy.cis.ufl.edu>, ksj_at_carp.cis.ufl.edu (Ketan S Joshi) wrote:

> Hi:
>
> I Have a problem connecting to database through PRO*C.
>
> In my program which is .pc file I use following syntax
>
> EXEC SQL CONNECT :uid IDENTIFIED BY :pwd;
>
> When I print out error message
>
> It displays following error message: Error during Connect - 6105
>
> Can any one of You help me with this.
> When I try to run the demo pro*c programs with scott/tiger name/password
> Ir gives me same error.
>
> Thanks in Advance and I'll appreciate your help.
>

> Ketan Joshi
> ksj_at_cis.ufl.edu

Try this. Instead of using two host variables, create one to hold both the username and the password. For example, declare an ORACLE variable called userid, then:

strcpy (userid.arr, "scott/tiger");
userid.len = strlen( userid.arr );
EXEC SQL CONNECT :userid;

Hope this helps.

--
Jeffrey S. Little
Eli Lilly & Co.

I work in Systems, not in Corporate Communications.  Therefore, the
opinions I present are mine, not Eli Lilly's.

"...This is how the world ends.  Not with a bang, but a whimper."