Re: _NEXT_USER in ALL_USERS view

From: bs <shatzman_at_netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 12 May 1994 18:46:43 GMT

Purushothaman Balakrishnan (pbalakri_at_uceng.uc.edu) wrote:

: Hello everyone,

: I am using Oracle 6.0.36.1 on Netware 3.12. When I do
: a "SELECT * FROM ALL_USERS" from SQL*DBA, one of username is
: listed as "_NEXT_USER". Is this "_NEXT_USER" just a variable
: for the next user to be added or does it have any significant
: meaning? The same query in Oracle 7 does not have "_NEXT_USER"
: listed in the usernames.

: Can anyone provide me with a good explanation for this?

No need. You've done a pretty good job yourself. Look at the USER_ID that goes with _NEXT_USER and you'll see it's the next number to be allocated. You can see this by creating a new user and watch what happens to DBA_USERS. Note - as you mentioned - this is V6. ORACLE7 is different.

barry Received on Thu May 12 1994 - 20:46:43 CEST

Original text of this message