Re: C, C++ interface for Oracle

From: Shirley Kumamoto <shirleyk_at_qualix.com>
Date: 6 May 1994 21:03:52 GMT

In article gun_at_zip.eecs.umich.edu, Roland Telfeyan <telfeyan_at_eecs.umich.edu> () writes:
> Does Oracle have a C or C++ library which gives one the ability to say things
> like:
>
> int Age;
> char Name[80];
>
> connect();
> composeSQL("select name, age from people");
> execSQL();
> stringBind(Name, 1);
> intBind(Age, 2);
> while (nextRow()){
> printf("Name = %s, Age = %d\n", Name, Age);
> }
>
> ???
>
> I'm sure there is, but what is the library called, and where is the
> documentation located?
>
> Roland

There is a commercial library that does this called DB.h++. It is C++ API that is portable across various RDB's including Oracle and Sybase and Informix. You can get more information on this by sending email to info_at_qualix.com. Received on Fri May 06 1994 - 23:03:52 CEST

Original text of this message