Re: How to convert oracle data to LOTUS readable format

From: Jack Love <jlove_at_ivrit.ra.itd.umich.edu>
Date: 3 May 1994 13:19:08 GMT

In article <brynyCp7K3J.52M_at_netcom.com>, Robert Eskridge <bryny_at_netcom.com> wrote:
>There is a product called Datalens that gives Lotus interactive access
>to Oracle databases. It seems like it is a Lotus product, but is sold
>through Oracle, or at least the Oracle version is -- I beleive that there
>are other versions for other database engines.
>
>I'm not a big fan of Datalens, it's kind of unwieldy to use and is pretty
>counter-intuitive.

In the realm of third-party products, there are an enormous number that can accomplish this task. One which is specifically designed for data conversion and exists in both MS-DOS and Unix versions is "Data Junction" from Tools and Techniques, Inc of Austin, TX. Almost any product which can serve as a middleman between Oracle and various personal computer products should be capable. GQL, Clear Access, DataPrism, Q+E off the top of my head. From Oracle, you can probably use DataBrowser or Glue. Oracle had its own product call SQL*Calc which could create Lotus style formats, but I think it has at long last been de-supported.

Jack F. Love	| 	Opinions expressed are mine alone.