Re: Forms 4 and HOST on a MAC.

From: Doug Bitting <dbitting_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 2 May 1994 21:02:00 GMT

  RS> I am facing problems while running a SQL script using sqlplus via
  RS> the host command in Forms 4.0.12 on a MAC.  -- Like host('Launchid
  RS> SPLS'); host('sendae SPLS ...etc.  I am trying to connect to a
  RS> remote sun server.

  RS> If anyone had succesfully tried this out, please reply.

I threw together a form with 3 buttons on it.

Triggers

button #1: host('launchid SPLS');

button #2: host('sendae SPLS misc dosc ---- t "scott/tiger"');

button #3: host('sendae SPLS misc dosc ---- t "select * from emp"');

If, instead of wanting to select * from emp, I wanted to run a SQL script, I would change button 3's trigger to something like:

host('sendae SPLS misc dosc ---- t

      "start 'Hard Drive:Oracle:Scripts:myScript'"');

Hope this helps,
--Doug

--
Doug Bitting  ||  Oracle Corporation  ||  dbitting_at_oracle.com
Worldwide Technical Support  ||  Apple Desktop Products Group