Re: Sybase database to Oracle database

From: Ben Hirsch <no email>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 1994 17:27:21 GMT

In article <Co8tGK.J14_at_argus.mh.nl>, ghb_at_mh.nl (Hassan Ghrib) wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Does somebody can help me to find a method (tool) to migrate
> an Sybase database to an Oracle database.
>
> Is anyone out there willing to share his experience he/she has
> made with this subject,
>
> Thanks in advance,

We are in the process of evaluating two bridges from CSA, Inc. between Oracle/Sybase and the RDM desktop physical database modelling tool. The tool runs on the Macintosh and I believe windows machines.

This toolset should allow you to reverse engineer from Sybase and forward engineer to Oracle through the RDM tool. The bridge supports all or most of the object types of Sybase and Oracle 7 including constraints, procedures, functions, etc . . .

Hope this helps.

ben hirsch/apple computer/ben_at_applelink.apple.com Received on Fri Apr 15 1994 - 19:27:21 CEST

Original text of this message