Executing Stored Procedures from end-user tools

From: Steve Stansfield <s68_at_ornl.gov>
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 1994 15:51:21 GMT

I've created a stored procedure in Oracle 7 in which I pass a character string and the procedure inserts a row in a table with the contents of the string. I can execute the procedure fine in SQLPLUS by just saying:

         execute procedure('string')

However, I haven't had any luck executing this procedure from an end-user tool such as Q+E 5.0 or Microsoft Query. I get an invalid SQL statement.

Eventually, I will be developing an application in ObjectView 3.0 and will need to call several procedures. I was able to call stored procedures in Sybase by issuing a

         exec procedure 'string'

Is there a trick in executing an Oracle stored procedure from a external application????

Thanks,

~ Steve Stansfield ~
~ Computing & Telecommunication Services ~
~ Martin Marietta Energy Systems _____________________ ~
~ Oak Ridge, TN / / ~
~ (615)241-3693 / Tennessee * / ~
~ Internet: s68_at_ornl.gov /____________________/ ~