SQL*Net

From: George Nicolaou <gnic1_at_nella23.cc.monash.edu.au>
Date: 12 Apr 1994 06:08:35 GMT

If I try and use the T drive I will get a connect error message. The reason we want tcptlisrv to accept a orasrv connection is that we have some Suns and PC that need to use net to connect to a DB's.

I have setup the following entries /etc/services

orasrv          1525/tcp        oracle
tcptlisrv       1527/tcp        oracle

Also I have found an environment valiasble called TLI_SERVER and if it set to orasrv the tcptlisrv will act like an orasrv server. If this is not set it suppose to do both, but it does not :-(

Has anyone else had such a problem.

George Nicoalou, gnic1_at_nellads.cc.monash.edu.au

"I'm not the programmer so it's not my fault!" Received on Tue Apr 12 1994 - 08:08:35 CEST

Original text of this message