Re: SQL*Net for FTP 2.3

From: Dave Mausner <dmausner_at_interaccess.com>
Date: 5 Apr 1994 13:26:31 -0500

In article <9404051554.AA30351_at_rusty.kronos.com>, Richard Stuer <richard_at_rusty.Kronos.COM> wrote:
>We use FTP version 2.3 and during the installation of SQL*Net that
>is part of the Oracle 7 it asked for a FTP version 2.2 . We didn't
>want to reinstall FTP 2.2 therefore we continued with the SQL*Net installation.
>I am wondering whether we will run into problems. What are the experiences
>with this type of configuration?

ftp pc/tcp 2.3 includes a combination of features and fixes; but i would not be worried just because oracle's installer asks for 2.2. they are from different companies and therefore do not synchronize their release information. SQL*Net is probably looking for MFTP.EXE which i presume would not change its features between 2.2 and 2.3.

--
Dave Mausner / Sr Consultant / Braun Technology Group / Chicago, IL USA
No opinions have been expressed.              Motto: "Show me the code"