F R E E E X P O-Distributed Computing World-April 19/20-Washington DC

From: Barbara Gavin <dcigavin_at_delphi.com>
Date: Mon, 4 Apr 94 16:59:12 -0500

Û¥- Ô2FREE--DISTRIBUTED COMPUTING WORLD & CLIENT/SERVER DEVELOPERS EXPOSITION
Washington, D.C. Convention Center
Tuesday, April 19, 12:00pm-6:30pm
Wednesday, April 20, 10:30am-4:30pm

See Over 100 of the Leading Distributed and Client/Server Technology Companies!

>Expand your Expertise

Hear from today's industry leaders and slash thousands of dollars off your IS budget. No other industry event can offer you a broader range of today's leading edge suppliers of client/server computing, networking, and distributed computing at one time a nd in one place.

>Save Months of Costly Investigation Time
Visit over 100 exhibits and see live demos of working client/server networks and the latest C/S application development tools in action. Discover key products and technologies and address your interoperability issues.

>Learn the secrets to Success

Crucial questions. . . important answers! Find out about the strengths and weaknesses of distributed computing. Learn how to use your distributed computing tools to meet your organization's strategic business requirements in a heterogeneous database en vironment.

>Glimpse into the Future

See an impressive array of products and services unveiled for the first time at this pivotal industry event! Receive privileged insight into the industry's emerging technologies and services.

>And Much More!

Don't Delay - Get a jump on your competition and discover the secrets to your success. Bring your entire team and maintain your competitive edge by attending this year's largest and most comprehensive exposition event.

FREE EXPOSITION EVENTS Client/Server Developers User Group
Wednesday, April 20, 1994 - 9:00 am - 11:50 am This interactive event is part of a nationwide client/server user group sponsored by DCI. It provides technical attendees with a chance to discuss the interoperability issues that occur in a client/server environment. Discover the issues users like you rself have encountered, and work together to get answers to your questions. See registration panel to receive more information.

Special Industry Presentation (Product Education Session) Another conference element which we've opened up to expo attendees. Attend in-depth session where leading companies present their products' technical capabilities in an informative classroom-style setting.

FREE GIVEAWAYS
Free software package from Syncsort . . . Come to booth #133 and learn how you can start to distribute your applications. Discuss the implementation of their "MVS to Unix Migration software".

Human Factors International Inc. (booth 129) is giving away a complimentary course registration to "How to Design Effective Graphical User Interfaces." This three day course teaches system developers, interface designers and project managers to use the science of ergonomics to design optimal GUI screens

Alternet- The "Information Highway" of the 90's is here, and your computer is your vehicle - - so hop in, and get rolling! Come see how easy it is to tap into the Internet . . Retrieve your Email, become part of a global network of organizations and ind ividuals. . .From its roots as the original commercial Internet service provider, AlterNet is now the most experienced, best connected, and most reliable Internet access service in the business. So whether you're looking for others to chat with, returni ng you E-mail, or trying to increase your companies productivity, tap into the Internet with Alternet.

FREE KEYNOTE PRESENTATIONS - TUESDAY, 11:00am - 12:00noon

PAUL STRASSMANN, President, Strassman, Inc.

The Politics of Distributed Computing - This session addresses the analogies between the design of information systems and organizational governance.
>Computing Reflects Organizational Politics
>Distributed Computing Not Autonomous Computing
>Organizational Governance Must Precede Network Architecture
>Technical Proposals Including Political Context

ART BENJAMIN, President, Online People Limited

The Business Case for Client/Server - By the end of the 90's the difference between a good I.T. infrastructure and an adequate one will be immense. Most companies are defaulting towards an infrastructure that is in inadequate, for the following reasons:
>Not Identifying Their Infrastructure Needs
>Basing Long-Term Infrastructure Direction on Current Needs Alone
>No Method of Measuring Costs and Benefits

HERB EDELSTEIN, Principal & Founder, Euclid Associates AND LARRY DeBOEVER, Founder, DeBoever Architectures

Rightsizing Point/Counterpoint: Two Industry Experts Go Toe-to-Toe on 1994's Hot Issues - These two leading industry visionaries put their reputations and friendship on the line, as they take on the toughest downsizing issues in this provocative present ation.
>Future of CASE
>Dowsizing Enablers
>Downsizing Issues

FREE KEYNOTE PRESENTATIONS - WEDNESDAY, 9:30am - 10:30am

Beyond Rows and Columns: What's New in Relational DBMS Panel Moderator: Pieter Mimno

Relational DBMSs are moving rapidly to support complex data, such as; very large databases, multi-dimensional data, multi-threaded server architectures, gateways, text, images, audio, and video. This forum will allow attendees the opportunity to questio n leading RDBMS vendors on the latest advances in database technology for a distributed client/server environment. Companies invited to participate include; Arbor Software, Cincom, IRI, Oracle and Sybase.

ROHAN CHAMPION, Vice President of Solutions Strategy, Novell

Where Upsizing Meets Downsizing - This presentation explores key management and technological issues that must be addressed if the full power and productivity of modernized information systems are to be realized.
>Values to Business Enterprise
>Infrastructure and Transition Planning
>Re-Defined Role IS Management

CHRISTINE COMAFORD, President, Corporate Computing

Techniques For Rapid Application Development of GUI Client/Server Projects - The structure, scope, methods and deliverables required to build solid applications are explored in this conference session.
>Application Design and Architecture Methods
>Development Tasks Can Be Done in Parallel
>GUI Client/Server Project Duration and Resources
>Development Rules and Tasks
>Planning/Analysis
>How to Scope and Control Prototypes

GARY A. STEMLEY, Major General, US Army Components Automation System

The World's Largest LAN/WAN System - This presentation describes the approach being used by the U.S. Army to design, develop, and install the world's largest client server network.
>Customers' Functional Requirements
>Why Client Server Architecture Was Chosen
>Major Challenges of Customer Community
>Installation, Start-up Problems and Solutions
>Short-range and Long-range Benefits

INDUSTRY SPOTLIGHT - FREE
Join a select group of exhibitors who will unveil and demonstrate the technical capabilities of their newest products. Due to the delicate nature of this information, the details of some of these companies, their products and announcements will not be r evealed until show time. See highlights of the latest technologies including: Client/Server application development, networking strategies and Data Warehousing tips and techniques.

EXPOSITION CO-SPONSORS
Client/Server Magazine
Government Computer News
IBM
Integris
JYACC
KnowledgeWare
Midrange Systems
Network World Magazine
Pyramid Technology
Sequent Computer Systems, Inc.

INVITED COMPANIES
Acucobol
Advanced Software Automation
American Software
Andersen Consulting
Analysts International Corp.
Arbor Software Corp.
AT&T
Beyond Computing
Booz Allen & Hamilton
Cincom Systems, Inc.
CIMLIN, Inc.
CIO Magazine
Client/Server Magazine
CODA, Inc.
Codex/Motorola
Cognos Corporation
Command Technology
Communications Week
Computer Associates Int'l
Computer Reseller News
Computer Systems Advisers
Computer Task Group
Computerworld
Concepts Dynamic, Inc.
Corporate Computing
Cortex Corporation
Covia Technologies
Data Based Advisor
Database Decisions, Inc.
Database Prog. & Design
Datamation
DBMS Magazine
DeBoever Architectures
Digital Equipment Corporation
DPMA
Encore Computer
Evernet
Federal Computer Week
FourGen Software
Government Computer News
Hewlett-Packard
High Tech Careers
Human Factors Int'l
IBM
Information Builders, Inc.
Information Week
Informix Software
Interactive Systems Corporation
IRI Software
James Martin Insight
JYACC
KnowledgeWare, Inc.
Lattice, Inc.
Logic Plus Open System, Inc.
Logic Works, Inc.
Lotus Development Corp.
McCabe & Associates
MDBS, Inc.
Micro Decisionware
Micro Focus
Microsoft Corporation
Microstrategy, Inc.
Midrange Systems
Momentum Software Corp.
Netwise, Inc.
Network World Magazine
Neuron Data, Inc.
News 3X/400
NeXT Computer, Inc.
Novell, Inc.
ODC Systems
Open Systems Today
Oracle Corporation
Palindrome Corporation
PC Magazine
Peerlogic, Inc.
PeopleSoft, Inc.
Platinum Software
Powersoft Corporation
Prologic Corporation
ProtoView Development
Pyramid Technology
Promark Corporation
Q + E Software
RAXCO, Inc.
Red Brick Systems
Revelation Technologies
Select Software Tools
Seer Technologies, Inc.
Sequent Computer Systems, Inc.
SMC
Software Magazine
Solbourne Computer
SQA, Inc.
SQL Connections
Stratus Computer
Sun Microsystems, Inc.
Sybase Inc.
Symantec Corporation
SYNCSORT, Inc.
Tivoli Systems, Inc.
Transarc Corporation
Trinzic Corporation
Uniface Corporation
UniKix Technologies (Integris)
Unisys Corporation
Universal Business Computing Co.
US LAN Systems Corporation
VAR Business
Washington Technology
Windows Magazine
Wordperfect Corporation
The Workstation Group
XDB Systems
ZYGA Corporation

>>>DISTRIBUTED COMPUTING WORLD

 & CLIENT/SERVER DEVELOPERS EXPOSITION-4015<<<

YES! REGISTER TODAY FOR THE EXPOSITION--FREE NAME:
TITLE:
COMPANY:
STREET:
MAILSTOP:
CITY, STATE, ZIP:
E:MAIL ADDRESS:
TELEPHONE:
FAX: PRIORITY CODE: BVTQM1K OR CALL CUSTOMER SERVICE AT 508-470-3880 Compuserve - 75300,2002
€ € ¸
µ ûûûìûûñûûñûöûçûûûûûñûûûûûûûöûûûûñûöûûûûûûûûûâûûûöûûûûûûñûûûûûûûûû’ Received on Mon Apr 04 1994 - 23:59:12 CEST

Original text of this message