Re: Forms 4 documentation

From: Richard D Holowczak <holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu>
Date: 3 Apr 94 02:39:34 GMT

dbmoore_at_us.oracle.com (Dennis Moore) writes:

>In article <1994Mar30.141753.1118_at_beau.atlanta.dg.com> flg_at_atlanta.dg.com (Frank Green (Contractor)) writes:

>>We are in the process of developing some applications under Forms 4.
>>What is the best way to capture images of the screen for subsequent use in documentation? Currently, we are using Hijack to grab the image but that takes an incredible amount of storage in the microsoft word document.
     I think the reason for this is you are probably running on a color
     screen so when the "picture" is snapped, all 256 colors or 16 million
     or whatever, are being captured.  At 8 or 24 bits per pixel, you will
     be pulling down a lot of data.   I'd suggest seeing if HiJack can
     capture a black and white (1 bit per pixel) analog of the screen.

    Either that or run Windows with a monochrome screen driver while     you are taking pictures. I've been using the old ALT-PRINTSCREEN     which Windows provides and have had good success.

   After all, unless you have some money to burn, all the printouts    are probably done on a B/W laser printer anyhow. :)

Rich Holowczak
Rutgers University
holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu Received on Sun Apr 03 1994 - 04:39:34 CEST

Original text of this message