Invoking MS. MAIL froim Within FORMS.

From: Rakesh Narasimhan <rakesh_at_sun490.fdu.edu>
Date: 29 Mar 94 23:39:00 GMT

Hi nettors,

I have a situation here where an application designed in Oracle*Forms 4.0 sends an EMAIL to a person or a group of people based on certain conditions. What I am trying to find out is a way to automatically log on to the Mailer and send a predefined LONG field containingf a message into the mailer and pass it on to the intended receipient. There is a good example in the oracle Forms book on doing this with Oracle*Mail.

Our situation here requires use of Microsoft Mail with oracle on a Windows Platform. Is there a way to achieve this without writing Userewxits? Will DDE achieve this requirement? Please Email to the following address:

rakesh_at_sun490.fdu.edu

If there is enough interest then I can post a summary on the net.

Thanks in advance.

-rakesh
--
-rakesh_at_sun490.fdu.edu

Ity's not the pace of life I mind. It's the SUDDEN stop at the end.
-Calvin & Hobbes.