Oracle on DEC AXP ?

From: Leo Mannhart <mannhart_at_zuv.unizh.ch>
Date: Fri, 25 Mar 1994 10:29:49 GMT

Hi all

Due to organisational needs we have to develop and install a new IS on a DEC AXP. We would like to use Oracle V7, SQL*Forms30/SQL*Menu5 and SQL*TextRetrieval. There are initially about 20 users useing this system, 5 concurrently selecting/inserting/updateing, sitting on terminals.

Is anybody out there willing to share any expirience he/she has made with Oracle on DEC AXP ?

Is it easy to set up and maintain Oracle V7 on this platform (OpenVMS).

Any suggestions for minimal main memory requirements ?

    (with Forms30 and if we switch to Forms40 ?)

Any hints if we go client/server via TCP/IP (Mac clients) ?

Any other hints and tips, horror stories and "don't do it" are highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

A frustrated unix/mac user
LM

--