Re: Pro*C / Link question

From: Adrian Hunsdon <axh_at_uniplex.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 23 Mar 1994 20:56:33 GMT

Khamsonh Khounlivong (okk_at_rz.uni-jena.de) wrote:
: After precompiling I've got a nice .c file. But now I'm searching
: for so called 'runtime.library' which I've to link with and which
: is described in Pro*C manual.

: I tryed most of lib***.a in $ORACLE_HOME/lib and $ORACLE_HOME/proc
: /lib but the only result is 'ld: Undefined symbol ... _sqlcex' :(

: Where the right .o or .a file is located?

: Kh. M. Khounlivong

This kind of depends on the Version of Oracle your working with. Have a look in the makefile (proc.mk) in the pro*c demo directory. This should give you a prototype "ld" command line.

Runtime implies dynamic libraries so generally your looking for something with a ".so" extension (under Unix anyway!).

Have fun!

Adrian. Received on Wed Mar 23 1994 - 21:56:33 CET

Original text of this message