Return Item for LOV in Forms4

From: Frederick A. Patterson <fap2g_at_galen.med.Virginia.EDU>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 1994 16:20:40 GMT

I have created an LOV of names in Forms4.0 which I want to use for input into two different text items. To have the selection input to a text item I must include the item's name in Return Item in the LOV property box. To have the Return Item change to correspond to the current text item I have inserted "GLOBAL.item_name" into the Return Item box in the LOV's property settings. I have used the built-in trigger WHEN-NEW-ITEM-INSTANCE and attached it to both of the text items. Then for the trigger text I included the following:

        :GLOBAL.item_name := :SYSTEM.CURSOR_ITEM;

The LOV has Auto-Display, Auto-confirm, and Auto-Skip selected.

When I apply the changes, generate, and run this app I get no input into my text item boxes when I make a selection from the list of names.

Does anyone know why this is failing, or have a suggestion about how to properly use a global variable with the Return Item box in LOVs or accomplish the above by a different method?

--
Ted Patterson SMD IV
UVa School of Medicine