Re: Use of Long DataTypes

From: Diana Tracy <bs794_at_cleveland.Freenet.Edu>
Date: 2 Mar 1994 19:42:58 GMT

In a previous article, cs_a213_at_dcs.king.ac.uk (Cool Dude) says:

<stuff deleted>

>I have created a database which has only two attributes .
>
>probid number
>description LONG.

<stuff deleted>

>This is what tends to happen
>Text entered :
>
>I am running a Solaris 2.3 machine.
>
>Having problems setting up a NIS Domain master and slaves
>I have SOlaris 1 machines as the client
>
>When I select description from problem, I get
>
>I am running a Solaris 2.3 machine.
>
>Having problems setting up a NIS Domain mas
>

>Can anyone please explain what I am doing wrong here ?

Have you tried SET LONG 6000 in SQL*Plus? (6000 is arbitrary, it could be any large number). Of course, that's probably only the problem if you are actually doing the select in plus. Anyway, that's my two cents.

--
Diana Tracy, System Designer		-- Excitement, Adventure
bs794_at_cleveland.Freenet.Edu		-- and Really Wild Things