Re: How in the world do you delete a data file?

From: Khamsonh Khounlivong <okk_at_rz.uni-jena.de>
Date: 2 Mar 1994 16:45:08 GMT

Jeff Kopmanis (jeffk_at_garnet.msen.com) wrote:

: Why is it that there isn't a way to elegantly get rid of unneeded/unwanted
: datafiles? Isn't zapping the tablespace a little severe? Who was the moron
: who thought up a great way to ADD space, but forgot the commands to get rid
: of it?! That's like designing a car that only goes forward....what happens
: when you park it in a driveway?

I've got the same problem. Finding my files in V$DATAFILE, but no connection to tablespaces and it seems to be no way to remove this unneeded files from oracle system. I've heart about this problem often - but no solution.

If anybody can help us, please do it.
(you can remove files hard, but that's not the way to clean oracel ... *grummel* %^\ )

Kh. M. Khounlivong Received on Wed Mar 02 1994 - 17:45:08 CET

Original text of this message