Oracle distribution on Raid

From: Lee E Parsons <lparsons_at_world.std.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 1994 22:05:18 GMT

Has anyone noticed any significant I/O contention in a raid environment where all oracle files exist only on a single disk array? We have a RS/6000 with 5 disk in an array and 4 non-raid disks. the tools will be on the non-raid disk but ALL other oracle files (online/offline logs, Index, Data, Rollback) will be on the array. The Appl is a Peoplesoft payroll database (V7.0.15) and the possability of many full table scans is high.

As a Oracle Geek this idea bothers me but I dont know how much parrallel I/O will go to negate any possible head contention.

Is this a problem or am I just being paranoid? Anybody had problems?

--
Regards,

Lee E. Parsons
Systems Oracle DBA	 			lparsons_at_world.std.com