Are these 2 "create table" commands equivalent?

From: John M. Hess <jhess_at_eng.auburn.edu>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 1994 02:08:48 GMT

I'm part of a group implementing a windowed interface to Oracle as part of our senior design project in computer engineering/computer science. I'm not real up on SQL and what I need to know is if the following two "create table" commands are equivalent:

create table foo5 (john NUMBER NOT NULL, sandy DATE NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY(john)) tablespace students;

create table foo5 (john NUMBER NOT NULL PRIMARY KEY, sandy DATE NOT NULL) tablespace students;

My guess is that they are, but I don't want to make any false assumptions. Email is preferred to "jhess_at_eng.auburn.edu", but posting to the newsgroup is ok too.

Thanks,

  • John