Oracle on SPARCServer 1000

From: Steve Hanson <hanson_at_fnsolar>
Date: 18 Feb 1994 19:45:17 GMT

We're currently running Oracle on small Sun boxes. We're looking to bring up a reasonably large production database, and the folks doing it here want people to also run client end on this machine. Unfortunately I can't seem to get any kind of firm numbers out of anyone on how big this app is or any such.

What I'd like to know is if any of you out there in news land have production experience on a 1000 running Oracle 7 and could give me some idea how things have gone? I can't really ask much more specifically because I don't know much about the application (and it sounds like the designers don't either). It's currently running on either a 1+ or a 2 with a very small number of test users.

--
Steve Hanson - FERMILAB, Batavia, Il.
hanson_at_pogo.fnal.gov or hanson_at_fnal.fnal.gov