Looking for report-writer descriptions/evaluations

From: Brent Lambert <brent_at_spss.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 1994 21:00:35 GMT

Sorry to cross-post, but it seemed the best way to get the whole audience.

I'm looking for relatively objective descriptions and/or evaluations of various report writer s/w for UNIX. Product comparisons would be even better. I'm particularly interested in the following:

(a) R & R 's Report writer
(b) Oracle's Report writer
(c) Ingres' Report writer
(d) Informix's Report writer
(e) Sybase's Report writer
(f) dBase's Report writer
(g) Foxpro's Report writer

I'm not even sure they all exist - I was asked to look for the info by someone else. Other report writers are of interest, too.

I'd appreciate pointers to FAQs, archives, recent articles in alternative media such as magazines :-) and evaluations you may have put together, too. Although marketing material from the specific companies would be OK, I'll probably take it with a grain of salt.

Thanks for taking interest in this article.

--
The above statements are not the opinions or policies of SPSS Inc.
The above statements may not be the opinions of Brent Lambert.