Re: Prolog and Oracle

From: Tom Howland <tom_at_heather.kwi.com>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 1994 18:53:05 GMT

> we would like to connect Quintus-Prolog with Oracle using TCP/IP.
> But we do not know WHAT Prolog have to send the Oracle-Server, e.g.
> what kind of data have TERM to be in the Prolog-predicate
> tcp_send(Tag,Term) to get an answer from the Oracle-Server.
>
> Does anyone know if it is possible and how or where we can get the
> information ?

I wrote library(tcp). I can tell you that you won't want to use tcp_send/2. Rather, you'll want to use

        tcp_output_stream(+Socket, -Stream)

and then operate on the Stream directly. Perhaps sending SQL queries.

A better solution might be to buy Quintus's interface to Oracle, which has lots of low-level optimizations. Received on Mon Feb 14 1994 - 19:53:05 CET

Original text of this message