Re: Is Forms 4.0 stable?

From: Kevin Mallory <kmallory_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 1994 17:54:53 GMT

In article <2jb3fc$9hj_at_sugar.NeoSoft.COM> saichelp_at_sugar.NeoSoft.COM (Science Applications International Corp) writes:

> Read MY LIPS, forget the applications, the forms DESIGNER is slow (granted
> once again, we don't have the .12 release yet),

        You are on 386/33? Again, if you can help us by quantifying what you are trying to do (with version numbers and hardware information) then this will help us. For example, "the designer is slow opening the layout editor when the canvas I'm trying to display has 100 pop lists on it". Please be more concrete.

> A default form with not
> triggers runs slow, design all you want, you can't change these.

        Is this RUNFORM from the designer or RUNFORM standalone?

> For our environment 386 33's with 4 megs of memory for the client platforms, I
> have to agree, forms 4.0 is not the best technical choice. If you had the money
> to buy more ram, get the 486 then go for forms 4.0.

        Again, consult the specs, 386/33 with 4mb is an UNSUPPORTED configuration.

--
Kevin Mallory, Oracle Corporation
Development Manager, Quality and Performance Programs, Oracle Forms Development

"QUALITY is never an accident; it is always the result of high
intention, sincere effort, intelligent direction and skillful
execution; it represents the wise choice of many alternatives."