oracle_path vs env variables

From: David Ewing <dewing_at_GaSoU.edu>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 1994 16:09:07

We are running RDBMS 6.0.34.2.1, SQLFORMS 3.0.16.3.4, SQLPLUS 3.0.8.1.5, SQLMENU 5.0.11.2.2 on a RS6000 running AIX 3.2.3. I would like to know how other sites have opted to call their forms from within SQLMENU. Do most sites set up the ORACLE_PATH variable, or do they preceed the form name with an environment variable. We had the problem of a form and sql script having the same name, which somehow confused oracle in trying to run the form. Is there any problems with setting up a variable that points to the forms directory for that user, then using it as part of the form name when called in the menu. With different environment variables set up for forms and sqlplus, I would avoid the ORACLE_PATH conflict with naming. Thanks for advice in advance. Received on Thu Feb 10 1994 - 16:09:07 CET

Original text of this message