SQL*VDM and PRO*C

From: Timothy Gray <tgray_at_news.NeoSoft.com>
Date: 6 Feb 1994 05:34:48 GMT

I have a PRO*C program that I am attempting to run on OS/2. It is a Windows program built with Microsoft C V7 and I am running it under the WIN/OS. The program produces Oracle error #9142 when it attempts to connect to Oracle 7 via SQL*VDM. The Oracle database is running on the same OS/2 machine, and I can connect to it fine with other applications using VDM. Predictably, this error message is not documented in either Oracle Error Messages and Codes or in the VDM documentation. I am doing exactly what the Oracle documentation says I should do: I start the VDM server, then the VDM client, then the C application. I even specified that the LOCAL database in ORACLE.INI is 2:, as per the VDM documentation. The only thing I'm worried about is the SET DATABASE command in the C program: it is specifying a name different from that of the OS/2 database. Any insights on this one? Received on Sun Feb 06 1994 - 06:34:48 CET

Original text of this message