Porting from IA FAS or FRS to an ORACLE GL

From: L. Carl Pedersen <l.carl.pedersen_at_dartmouth.edu>
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 1994 13:02:35 -0500

We are looking for someone (most likely a university) who has experience changing from an Information Associates General Ledger (Accounting) package (either FAS or FRS) to any GL system that uses ORACLE (e.g., SCT, ORACLE Financials GL).

We are interested in anyone who has a significant number of research contracts.

Our controller and some other financial people really like the way FAS handles "claim on cash", but we have an old version of FAS and there are a number of things causing us to consider switching to an ORACLE-based system.

Another thing we are interested in is: What ORACLE-based GL systems are there and which ones are decent? Received on Thu Feb 03 1994 - 19:02:35 CET

Original text of this message