Re: Q: How to set shared mem on Solaris 2.3 for Oracle 7.0.13.1

From: <jl34778_at_corp02.d51.lilly.com>
Date: 2 Feb 94 21:44:15 EST

In article <MB.94Jan31170117_at_pink.systematic.dk>, mb_at_systematic.dk (Mogens Bramm) writes:

> I'm trying to configure shared memory parameters for Oracle7 release 7.0.13.1,
> however, Solaris will not accept the settings even though they are done
> exactly as prescribed in the Solaris 2.3 AnswerBook.
>
> Has anybody out there configured these parameters with any success?
>
> Please note that my Oracle7 is for Solaris 2.2, but I don't think the
> problem with shared mem settings has anything to do with Oracle after all?
>
> Thx,

I am running Solaris 2.3 on a SparcServer 1000, with ORACLE 7.0.15.4. Per the ORACLE installation guide, I added these lines to my /etc/system file. I haven't had any problems.

set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=8388608
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmin=1
set shmsys:shminfo_shmmni=200
set shmsys:shminfo_shmseg=20
set semsys:seminfo_semmns=400
set semsys:seminfo_semmni=140
set semsys:seminfo_semmsl=100

At one point I was running 7.0.13 under Solaris 2.2 on a SparcStation 10, and I seem to remember that the settings were the same.

Hope this helps.

--
Bob Swisshelm                | swisshelm_at_Lilly.com     | 317 276 5472
Eli Lilly and Company        | Lilly Corporate Center  | Indianapolis, IN 46285