Oracle7 for NT automatic startup

From: James Taylor <jtaylor_at_slcs.slb.com>
Date: 26 Jan 1994 21:40:08 GMT

Does anyone know an NT equivalent to rc.local or SYSTARTUP_VMS.COM? Perhaps a global STARTUP GROUP like the Program Manager has or a supplement to SERVICEs? My problem is automating an Oracle7 database startup. Oracle provides a program to create a SERVICE for each oracle instance and a TCP listener for SQL*Net connections. These are started automatically but I still have to logon and use the SQL*DBA utility to startup the database.

Thanks in advance,

James Taylor, Sysadmin/DBA
Schlumberger, Austin, Texas
E-mail: jtaylor_at_austin.wireline.slb.com Received on Wed Jan 26 1994 - 22:40:08 CET

Original text of this message