V7/sqlplus/help file half empty

From: Brian A. Hirt <bhirt_at_hawk.depaul.edu>
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 1994 23:04:42 GMT

To start off... I'm running:

	Solaris 2.2
	Oracle 7.0.13

We installed Oracle version 7 a little while back, and the online help in sqlplus is missing about half of the commands. These commands were documented online in V6. I've looked in the plushelp.ctl file and commands like "SELECT" aren't there. On my V6 system SELECT is in plushelp.ctl. This is the case for over half the online help in V7.

version	size 	name
v7	194046  plushelp.ctl
v6	408626  plushelp.ctl

Notice the size difference? Plushelp.ctl is used at install time to create the help table -- this exaplains why some of the help isn't documented, but it does not explain why the plushelp.ctl is missing quite a lot. Has anyone else run into this problem? Could anyone mail me a more complete version? The plushelp.ctl file is located in ~sqlplus/admin/help/

Thanks! Received on Tue Jan 25 1994 - 00:04:42 CET

Original text of this message