Re: Help Oracle on Unix ( SQL*FORMS )

From: Venky M. Venkatachalam <venky_at_engr.latech.edu>
Date: 17 Jan 1994 02:32:06 GMT

ivo.drvaric_at_ext.uni-mb.si wrote:
: I have a problem with installation of SQL*Forms v3.0.16.12.1
: on RDBMS v7.0.12.1. And i am not sure do i have a tuning problem or there's
: bug in the forms.

: When i start SQL*Forms and trigger some complex operation in designer like
: searching for the list of tables on my oracle account ( with List of values key
: ) in the default block generation , sql*forms
: stops execution withj a message :
: "SQL*Forms: Segmentation violation". I have this problem also
: in saving for in a database,...( any complex operation on rdb
: in designer with rdb but not in iap ).

        Actually SQL*Forms needs some rollback segments. It cannot use the system rollback segments. Please make it sure that you have enough private, public and system rollback segments in your pfile with which you started the database. If you do not have, segmentation violation will occur. Iam SURE it has to do with rollback segments. Please let me know if you need further info.

Also if you have a good oracle job let me know.

goodlucks.

venky
: I have this configuration:

: Intel 486/33 MHz processor with 16Mb RAM-a and Oracle is installed on
: 400Mb HD.
: OS: SCO Unix 3.2.4 with TCP/IP 1.2.0

: My tuning shared parameters are set with this values:

: SHMMAX to 11Mb
: SHMSEG to 16
: SHMALL 512
: Number of segments on system is 100

: Length of SGA is 3.5 Mb

: Please help me!

: My Internet address is: ivo.drvaric_at_ext.uni-mb.si

--
venky :)
			venky_at_engr.latech.edu