HELP: Oracle tools under MS W4WG and Netware.

From: Richard D Holowczak <holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu>
Date: 6 Jan 94 23:27:20 GMT

Hi Folks. I'm wondering if others are having problems with the following setup. I have PCs running MS-Windows for Work Groups (W4WG) version 3.11 on top of Novell Netware 3.11. This is being done using an ODI stack (LSL, IPXODI, NETX, ODIHELP, etc.)

I'm using SQL*Net v1.1.1a SPX/IPX for Windows. For some reason, I can't connect to my Oracle 7 database running on the Novell server.

I'm getting error 6468 which is something to do with the client being unable to find the server. Resetting the server (as suggested) has no effect.

On plain MS-Windows 3.1 machines (some with less RAM and slower processors), I have no problems.

W4WG uses a 32 bit Netware driver called NWLINK. Could this be the problem ?

If I disable the W4WG networking part I get the error: 6450 which is not documented as far as I can tell.

I'm using SQL*Plus for Windows and the Windows versions of Runform and Runmenu that come with Oracle tools v6.0A.

Any suggestions ? I can supply all setup files if it will help.

Thanks a bunch.

Rich Holowczak
Rutgers University
holowcza_at_andromeda.rutgers.edu Received on Fri Jan 07 1994 - 00:27:20 CET

Original text of this message