Re: Oracle6 & sun4m

From: Steven GAN - Sr.Systems Engr,ASEAN <sgan_at_colchester.Singapore.Sun.COM>
Date: 6 Jan 1994 06:20:38 GMT

In article g5m_at_pscgate.progress.com, don.cunningham_at_progress.com (Don Cunningham) writes: First off let me say that I know nothing about Oracle and am simply a middleman in this posting. Anyway, we're experiencing problems w/ running Oracle6 on the Sun sun4m architecture(SPARC10 & SPARCClassic) and was wondering if anyone else has experienced this. We have no problems running on the sun4c architecture. Here's the error:

Platform: On a Sparc10 (SunOS 4.1.3), Oracle 6 (SQL*DBA 6.0.26.8.1) yields

        the following error during a "create database" statement:

	SQLDBA> ORA-07307: sms1sg: shmat error, unable to attach sga.
	SunOS Error: 22: Invalid argument
	Additional information: 1

--> You probably do not have shared memory configured, or not
enough of it. Try 'ipcs -a' to see if they are configured. You would need to put in share memory and semaphores options in your kernel configuration and re-gen the kernel. Below is an example. The values would depend on your Oracle SGA requirement. options SEMMNI=10 # max semaphore clusters options SEMMNS=60 # max# of semaphores for system options SEMUME=10 # max# of semaphores per process options SEMMNU=30 # max# of process that use undo options SHMMAX=12582912 # max shared memory size options SHMMNI=100 # max. shared memory segments

I hope it helps,

with best regards,
S Gan
Singapore - A small, tropical city country, where temp ranges from 24C to 32C,

                and humidity, 65% to 95%, year-round

All opinions expressed here, explicitly and implicitly, are solely my own and not anybody else. Received on Thu Jan 06 1994 - 07:20:38 CET

Original text of this message