HELP requested: database restore problem

From: <philt_at_u.washington.edu>
Date: 5 Jan 1994 23:16:17 GMT

Hi, Oracle experts,

     I need your help!!!
     We run Oracle6 on Ultrix 4.2. For an unknown reason today, well,
it's my stupidity, I was playing around with "create database". What I did was just the following and it caused me a BIG trouble, I mean, HUGE. !_at_#$%^
  1. SQLDBA> shutdown
  2. SQLDBA> startup nomountt
  3. SQLDBA> connect internal
  4. SQLDBA> create database oracle controlfile reuse

 I checked the files under /usr/oracle/dbs/*.*, there are two database files dbsoracle.dbf (old/original one) and dbs1oracle.dbf (newly created one). My problem is:

    How can I restore the database to its original state, that means before the "create database" i just did today?

   Also, what is the password for "SYS" in the new database? Is there a default for it? I can do "connect system/manager" with no problem.

   Your help and advice will be greatly appreciated.

philtx Received on Thu Jan 06 1994 - 00:16:17 CET

Original text of this message