Oracle Standards and Guidelines

From: Jim Truax <jltxt_at_teal.csn.org>
Date: Wed, 5 Jan 1994 01:16:38 GMT

I am being asked to create an Oracle standards and guidelines document for our enterprise. Since being an Oracle DBA is a relatively new experience for me, I thought I would open it up for net discussion. Here are the major topics that I have jotted down so far:

  1. Database security
  2. Backups/restore policy
  3. Design (entity relationship diagrams, implementation plan, etc.)
  4. SQL rules and layout (a biggie)
  5. Program optimization
  6. Some system optimization
  7. Naming conventions (tables, indexes, constraints, etc)

What am I missing?

Who has created a document like this and is willing to share? :-)

Jim Truax
jltxt_at_csn.org Received on Wed Jan 05 1994 - 02:16:38 CET

Original text of this message