Getting nextval sequence from MS Access

From: Peter Gordon <aa002_at_freenet.Victoria.BC.CA>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1993 19:26:00 GMT

Hi! I've been trying to retrieve the "nextval" number from an Oracle sequence from MS Access. The Oracle SQL statement is SELECT TBL_SEQUENCE.nextval FROM dual INTO var

MS Access SQL has a slightly different syntax, namely SELECT TBL_SEQUENCE.nextval INTO var FROM dual

Unfortunately, to MS Access, TBL_SEQUENCE.nextval looks like a parameter. If I bracket it, then it can't find "dual" since it seems to expect dual to be an attached table.

Anyone found a way to get the next value of an Oracle sequence back into MS Access?
--

If eet's no' Sco'ish, eet's Crrrraaap!
--stolen from Scott Muir's signature block