Adding Users to New Oracle Database

From: Paul Mickel <mickel_at_OES.ORST.EDU>
Date: 27 Dec 1993 16:50:58 GMT

Greetings All,

Hello. I have a question, probably directed more towards Oracle DBAs than anyone else. We are going to be bring a couple of Oracle databases on line this coming month, and I am wondering how the DBA enables users to run forms and menus, using specifically runform and runmenu. I am familiar with the fact that the user must have permissions on the base tables each form uses, but I cannot find in the docs the method used to allow users to use runform and runmenu. If someone would be kind enough to tell me where I may find this information in the docs, or a FAQ containing this information, it would be greatly appreciated. Technical information:

Oracle RDBMS v6.0.33.1.1
SQL*Forms v3.0.16.3.1
SQL*Menus v5.0.11.2.1

PL/SQL v1.0.33.1.1
SQL*Plus v3.0.8.1.1
OS: SVR3.2 running on an AT&T 3B2/1000 computer w/ 60MB memory

I will summarize all responses that I get.

Paul Mickel				  Internet: mickel_at_oes.orst.edu
Database Applications Programmer 	  UUCP: ..!hplabs!hp-pcd!orstext!mickel
Teledyne Wah Chang - Albany		  Albany, OR  97321   USA
Disclaimer: My employer never claims my opinions (unless it makes a profit).