Re: What is the story on Dataquery (Oracle's enduser reportwriter)?

From: Dennis Moore <dbmoore_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1993 02:29:02 GMT

In article <CIGB4z.2Cw_at_acsu.buffalo.edu> oispeggy_at_ubvms.cc.buffalo.edu (Peggy Brown) writes:
>I was told that Oracle's enduser reportwriter, Dataquery, has
>been replaced by something else.
>
>What's the story?
>
>What IS Oracle's enduser reportwriter called now?
>
>Any comments on its effectiveness?
>
>Thanks!
>
>- Peggy -

Data Query is about to be updated with version 3.1. Version 4.0 is also well under way. Data Query is very oriented towards end users, and is currently character mode. 4.0 will add GUI capabilities. Both Data Query and Data Browser are more query than end-user reporting tools. For GUI platforms, you might also want to ask your sales rep for information about Data Browser 1.0, currently in production on Motif (some platforms), Mac, and Windows.

  • Dennis Moore, my own opinions, etcetcetc