Re: '*' wildcard in imp 'tables=' (UNIX/ksh cmd line)

From: Kathryn Howarth <howarth_at_cs7.rmc.ca>
Date: 17 Dec 1993 18:49:10 GMT

Esa Karell (karell_at_cs.Helsinki.FI) wrote:
: In <1993Dec16.131845.1_at_aa.wl.com> dowswea_at_aa.wl.com (From the terminal emulator of Andrew Dowswell) writes:

: >In article <2eq5uk$4u9_at_hydra.Helsinki.FI>, karell_at_cs.Helsinki.FI (Esa Karell) writes:
: >> Hi,
: >>

: >If what you are trying to do is export all of the tables from a particular
: >user account, why not just specify (U)ser instead of (T)ables?

: I'm trying to import not export. In Utilities Guide there's an example:

: imp system/manager file=scott.dmp fromuser=scott touser=rosemary
: tables=(*)
: ^^^^^^^^^^

: I cannot get the above to work on Unix. If someone knows how, pls let me know.
: I've tried to escape "(" , ")" and "*" but hasn't helped. Is there another
: way to do this?
: --

: Esa Karell karell_at_cs.Helsinki.FI
: Tel. +358-0 513 081 /home

Hi Esa,

I sent you an e-mail, but I don't know if it got to you or not.

Instead of using tables=(*), it should be tables=*

I tried this on my system and it worked fine.

Let me know what happens.

Kathryn Howarth
Royal Military College of Canada
Department of Computing Services

--
"As a field, however fertile, cannot be fruitful without cultivation;
neither can a mind without learning." -- Cicero

              Kathryn Howarth   howarth_at_rmc.ca
The opinions expressed herein are mine and mine alone.  No one else
in their right mind would want to take credit for them!