Document Imaging and Oracle

From: Alan Schafer <bschafer_at_ocvaxc.cc.oberlin.edu>
Date: 9 Dec 1993 14:41:59 GMT

I am currently looking at possible Imaging solutions for a large set of documents (transcripts, Financial Aid letters, etc.). The requirements for a solution would be:

  1. It must work under Oracle7. Whether the actual scanned document is stored in Oracle or in flat files is not relevant, but the actual indexing information must be stored in Oracle.
  2. It must work across a Macintosh/VMS network. Protocols would be TCP/IP with a much lesser emphasis on DecNet.
  3. It must be easy to add documents to the database using a user workstation.
  4. It must be able to handle well over one million documents.
  5. It must allow access to the documents using Macintosh workstations. Actions would be query, lookup, and printing.

If you have implemented a document imaging solution, or are aware of any solutions that would meet the above criteria, please e-mail me personally with answers.

Thanks for your help.

bschafer_at_ocvaxc.cc.oberlin.edu Received on Thu Dec 09 1993 - 15:41:59 CET

Original text of this message