Question - Compilation Error of Stored Procedures

From: James J. Yorton <yorton_at_bison.cig.mot.com>
Date: 3 Dec 1993 23:03:08 GMT

I could use some assistance with an error I'm getting during the pre-compilation phase of my code. I'm running Oracle 7.

I've get some C code which calls a stored procedure, but have been unable to fix the problem after digging through my Oracle books.

Here's the stub:

        EXEC SQL EXECUTE
        BEGIN
                my_procedure(:arg1,:arg2);

        END;
        END-EXEC

And here's the error:

     PCC-S-0061: Error at line 58, column 17. PLS-313: 'MY_PROCEDURE' not declared in this scope

Looking in my PL/SQL guide for error PLS-313, it says my procedure could be misspelled, the declaration could be faulty, or be placed incorrectly in the block structure.

Well, it's not misspelled, and according to all examples I've seen it's not placed incorrectly in the block. Right?

As far as having a "faulty declaration", what does that mean? I've already cleanly "compiled" (created) the stored procedure itself in Oracle. So the actual procedure exists in the DB.

This is the only error I'm getting, but I get it repeatedly for every stored procedure I call from within my C code.

What am I doing wrong? Any assistance would be appreciated. Please email your responses. Thanks.

Jim Yorton                    | Telephone:  +1 708-632-6695
Motorola Inc.                 |
General Systems Sector        | Internet:   yorton_at_rtsg.mot.com
Cellular Infrastructure Group | UUCP:       ...!uunet!motcid!yorton
Arlington Heights, IL USA | Received on Sat Dec 04 1993 - 00:03:08 CET

Original text of this message