Re: Version 7 and Windows = SQL*VDM ?

From: Keith Majkut <kmajkut_at_netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1993 05:33:27 GMT

In article <1993Nov22.175705.26848_at_PacBell.COM> ardamon_at_srv.PacBell.COM writes:
>I just got off the phone with an Oracle sales rep. She mentioned Oracle
>will release, "probably next month", a product called SQL*VDM that will
>allow you to run a version 7 database under windows. Can anyone confirm/
>deny this or supply more information? Did I misunderstand her?
Either you misunderstood or the sales rep did. Anyway, SQL*VDM allows you to access your OS/2 SQL*Net drivers from within Win-OS/2. This will also allow you to connect to an Oracle7 OS/2 RDBMS running on the sames machine.

>Also, does anyone know if it would be possible to run a Version 7 OS/2
>DB under OS/2 for windows?

 No, this is not possible.

>Thanks,
>Tony

-Keith Received on Thu Dec 02 1993 - 06:33:27 CET

Original text of this message