HELP. VMS. Background processes disappearing.

From: <pihlab_at_cbr.hhcs.gov.au>
Date: 30 Nov 93 09:33:02 +1000

I'm running Oracle 6.0.34 and Oracle 7.0.13 databases on a VAX with VMS 5.4-2 and just recently the various Oracle database background processes (SMON, DBWR etc but not PMON) have started disappearing.

There is no information in the trace files or the alert file as to what is happening.

I'm thinking it's something to do with the O/S so I'm doing a complete relink to see if that fixes it. Systems Software have made some changes in location of some libraries but that shouldn't cause us any problems. These changes were made last Wednesday night and the processes started disappearing on the Friday.

Luckily this is our DEVELOPMENT machine so the production systems are still ok.

Has anyone encountered this situation?

Any advice appreciated.

--

Bruce...        pihlab_at_cbr.hhcs.gov.au

"If you swallow a live frog first thing in the morning ...
 Nothing worse will happen to either of you for the rest of the day."

* Bruce Pihlamae -- Database Administration *
* Commonwealth Department of *
* Health, Housing, Local Government & Community Services *
* Canberra, Australia (W) 06-289-7056 *
* These are my own thoughts and opinions, few that I have. *