Re: Rollback Segments

From: Jim Kramer <kramer_at_ash.sps.mot.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1993 17:36:02 GMT

I just read Bruce P.'s response -- he's right. You have to jump through the hoops yourself, Oracle won't do it for you. (Makes ya' wonder about relational technology, don't it?) I do it a little differently than Bruce. I write a script (I happen to use Oraperl, any language will do) which selects the rows I want to delete and writes another script which deletes them one at a time, with a 'commit' between each one. I like to output a script just so I can look at it before I actually do it but you do the whole thing in one script, too.

                                   Jim Kramer
                                   Motorola, Arizona, USA

"I'm beginning to think keyed flat files weren't so bad after all ..." Received on Fri Nov 26 1993 - 18:36:02 CET

Original text of this message