HELP HELP * Microsoft WinSock not supported in SQL*net 1.1.7.7C

From: <robert_at_softy.softwords.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1993 04:56:53

HELP HELP I am in a pickel because I can not demonstrate ORACLE SQL*net 1.1.7.7.C working over the WinSOck.dll interface that comes with Microsofts' Generic NDIS TCP/IP stack.

I've tried to make it work using the LanMan 2.1a entry in VSL.INI, no luck, I've tried ORACLE.INI TCP_VENDOR=WINSOCK and VSL.INI transport=winsock

both times under nettest.exe I get an 06120 error indicating that it can not communicate to the TCP stack, although I can start a Telnet session (WinSock) over the Microsoft stack. Surely both ORACLE and JSB would support this stack. If not yet, how soon, I need this to work yesterday.. a lot of units are at stake here...

I appreciate hearing from anyone who has made this work!

Thanks!

Robert

eMAIL me at:

rwkobent_at_bcsc02.gov.bc.ca

-speaking only for myself -- comments not necessarily sanctioned by posting organization- Received on Thu Nov 25 1993 - 04:56:53 CET

Original text of this message