ORACLE DBA, UNIX, AND ROO

From: Jared Hecker <hecker_at_panix.com>
Date: 24 Nov 1993 14:14:13 -0500

RSHUNTER_at_>This is an informal survey. Of you who are ORACLE DBAs on UNIX-
RSHUNTER_at_>based Oracle versions, I'm curious as to how many have root/superuser
RSHUNTER_at_>privileges and how many do not.  This is the first project where

Yeah, I'm in the same position. I've always had root before and suddenly don't. Sofar on the two occasions when I was held up, I e-mailed the user telling them I was held up due to unavailability of SA support, which pisses the SA's off, but I tend to get serviced pretty quickly. When the time comes, I may ask them for root as a way of getting off their case...

jh

---
 þ MR/2 1.39x NR þ I'm fat.  You're ugly.  I can diet.