ReportWriter V2 question

From: <kratom_at_cbr.hhcs.gov.au>
Date: 24 Nov 93 12:00:26 +1000

Our Department has recently purchased ReportWriter V2.0.12 under Windows 3.1. Besides some initial teething problems, we are still struggling to work out how you can redirect the output for a report.

The only methods so far determined are :

  1. Hard Code the path and filename in the DESNAME parameter
  2. Hard code the filename in DESNAME and specify the path in the Working Directory for the Icon.

Both methods are unsatisfactory for our site. I am wondering if there is a value in the ORACLE.INI file which can be used to specify the location of output, so that it can become more flexible.

We also invoke ReportWriter from within SQL*Forms V4. We would also like to redirect the output dynamically from with Forms.

Any answers appreciated.

Marcel.

KRATOM_at_CBR.HHCS.GOV.AU Received on Wed Nov 24 1993 - 03:00:26 CET

Original text of this message