SQL Forms 4.0 experiences

From: Hugh Fraser <hfraser_at_maccs.mcmaster.ca>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1993 17:31:03 GMT

A few days ago I posted a message asking for people's experiences with SQL FOrms 4.0. Like a lot of other people, this is potentially a very important tool in our application development. The responses haven't been too re-assuring. It appears that it requires considerable resources (memory and disk), that it performs unreliably, hanging or crashing the machine with alarming regularity. One respondent informed me that the mouse periodically disappears. Very unnerving stuff.

Does this appear to be the general consensus? Everbody who responded believed the tool has great potential, but apart from that the only message I got was that it sure isn't ready for prime-time. Received on Mon Nov 22 1993 - 18:31:03 CET

Original text of this message