DATABASE PERFORMANCE

From: Bob Morris <bob.morris_at_bcsbbs>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 1993 19:14:00 GMT

MK> Would anyone know where I could find comparisons for such products as MK> FOXPRO, Superbase, Paradox etc etc?????

The Data Based Advisor might be a good place to check. BTW, there are vastly more third-party LIBs available for Clipper than for any other PC database - over 250 at last count - including graphics, Windows, telecomm, reports, indexes/databases other than xBase, SQL, general purpose, etc etc.

MK> I'm looking primarily at speed, modificability (???), general ease of MK> use and lack of bugs...

What type of LIB are you looking for? If you want to speed up Clipper, try Successware's DBFNSX driver, which replaces Clippers default indexing system, and which makes Clipper file/index access faster than Foxpro.

  • RM 1.3 B0037 * "Virtue has never been as respectable as money." (Twain)