SQL-ReportWriter/Setting Roles???

From: <la_at_datani.dk>
Date: 19 Nov 93 13:30:43 +0100

Hello Oracle-folks.

I am making an application with Oracle 7/SqlForms30/ReportWriter 1.0.

We are using ROLES, as security for access to Forms and Reports.

In SQL*Forms we make the access as described in "ORACLE7 Server - Application Developer's Guide, Appendix C", by setting the ROLES in the PRE-FORM trigger.

But, now the question:

HOW TO SET ROLES in ReportWriter.

I have tried to insert a field, source "&SQL set role <my role>" with group REPORT.

It works, BUT to late. ReportWriter looks at my tables beform reaching the SQL-statement.

Oracle Denmark have no solutions yes, but maybe there a oracle on the net.

I am looking forward for an answer.

I dont's want to GRANT access in advance or GRANT DEFAULT ROLES.

Lone Aalekjær
Datani A/S, A Computer Consultant Firm in Copenhagen. Received on Fri Nov 19 1993 - 13:30:43 CET

Original text of this message