Re: Seeing double in SQLPLUS's HELP

From: Andrew Finkenstadt <andy_at_vistachrome.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1993 22:49:26 GMT

chamblej_at_author.gsfc.nasa.gov (JEFF CHAMBLEE (512)) writes:
>I believe this may have been a recent thread, sorry. Please help.
>When I type HELP in SQLPLUS I see double:
>SQL> help
> HELP
> HELP
[ the rest mercifully deleted. ]
[ the rest mercifully deleted. ]

In addition to checking to see if the SYSTEM.HELP table has been loaded twice, check out how many rows are in the SYSTEM.DUAL table. A few times when I've installed products and then done a full database import, DUAL ends up with TWO rows and causes exactly this behaviour.

A quick test demonstrating the problem:

  SQL> SELECT SYSDATE FROM DUAL;   SYSDATE

  09-NOV-93
  09-NOV-93   2 rows selected.

  SQL> Hope that helps.

--
Andrew Finkenstadt  |  Systems Analyst, Homes & Land Publishing Corporation
+1 904-575-0189     |  GEnie Sysop